Switch bank accounts to Halifax
Offer now available to new and existing customers who hold an active bank account elsewhere. To qualify, use the switching service to transfer and close your old account.
If you’ve received a Halifax switching offer since January 2012 you can’t get this offer.
More information about the £100 switching offer
Terms and conditions – £100 to switch using the Current Account Switch Service
To qualify for the £100 switching offer (“the offer”) you must use the Halifax ‘Current Account Switch Service’ and meet the following conditions:
• Use the Halifax ‘Current Account Switch Service’, to switch into a new or existing Halifax Current Account, Reward Current Account or Ultimate Reward Current Account (“your account”).
• Use the Halifax ‘Current Account Switch Service’ to transfer all your credits, debits and close your active bank account that you hold with another bank.
• If your account has an overdraft, we will waive the daily fees payable on a planned overdraft for 6 months on the day you start your switch. This also applies if an overdraft is applied to your account on the day you start your switch. This relates to this switching offer only.
• You are not eligible if you have received the offer at any point since January 2012.
What else you need to know:
1. The offer applies to applications received in branch, online or by phone from 18th November 2013. The offer is subject to change and can be withdrawn without notice at any time.
2. If you do not meet the conditions of the offer we may claim back the £100. We will do this by debiting £100 from your account. We may also start to charge you daily fees that we had previously waived under this offer for using the overdraft.
3. This offer does not automatically guarantee you an overdraft. Any application made for an overdraft will be subject to status.
4. If your account has an overdraft you will not pay any daily overdraft fees for 6 months provided you stay within your planned overdraft limit; if you exceed your planned overdraft limit, then unplanned overdraft fees will still apply.
5. After 6 months, or if you change your current account, you will be charged daily overdraft fees applicable to the account you hold if you use your overdraft.
6. Only one offer is available per customer. Joint accounts will only be eligible for one payment.
7. The offer will be paid directly into your account when we start your switch and will appear as a cash credit.
8. The offer is not available to customers whose existing account is being managed by our Recovery Departments.
9. The offer is not available to employees of Lloyds Banking Group, or if the employee is named on any bank account held in joint names.